How can dry cough, stomach pain and breathlessness be treated?

for the last five days I have had a dry cough which has caused a lot of strain on my stomach I still have the cough but the pain (strain) is in both my left and right sides it some times takes my breath but not to the extent that it worrys me, a Dr at local centre has given me 7day course of Amoxicillin capsules which I started taking today, As the pain in my sides is aggrevated by the cough and it really is painful when I cough I thought the Dr would have given some cough mixture to ease it but he told me the cough will clear its self, which do s not help me when I am in so much pain when the coughing starts. I am type2 diabetic and it is not easy to buy over the counter any cough mixture which would be safe to take. what can I do to ease this pain
Fri, 28 Sep 2018