How can discomfort in the right ankle be treated?

I am having constant discomfort in my right ankle after twisting it 3 weeks ago. There was a lot of swelling and bruising at the time of injury, and I could not put much weight on it. (I did ice it and kept an ankle support on it.) The swelling is mostly gone as is the bruising, but it is almost as uncomfortable now as it was when I injured it. What should I do? Thank you, Pat Matthews YYYY@YYYY
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Twisting may cause injury to the collateral ligament of ankle or strain of the joint may cause pain and swelling. Also check for hairline fractures or microchip injuries, etc. Take rest, elevate the limb, use cold and heat compression. If symptoms do not improve please consult your Orthopedician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu