How can discomfort caused by a ureteral stent be treated?

I had a stent put in when I had a large kidney stones blasted in May. I am finding it very uncomfortable and am not able to walk any distance with out discomfort. I am not due to see the Doctor until the beginning of June but would really like this to be taken out sooner. I have to take pain tablets most days. Can you advise what I should do?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my surgical experience, the ureter stent does give minor discomfort as end dysuria or pain but not significant pain that can lead to inability to walk.
* As the amount of pain is significant, I recommend to consult your surgeon immediately, as there can be stent kinking or displacement which has to be evaluated with an x-ray of KUB.
* Drink plenty of liquids till that time.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.