Thanks for contacting with your health concern
1. As the symptoms are long-standing thus probably we are dealing with chronic diarrhea
2. You need to see your primary care
doctor who might manage him symptomatically but may refer you to consult a Pathologist or an infectious disease specialist to know about the culprit behind diarrhea, [i.e. is it viral, bacterial or parasitic infection] and then prescribe accordingly, till then
- wash hands properly [before eating, after using the washroom and after handling pets/waste].
- drink boiled water and properly cooked vegetables [avoid raw/ undercooked food and tap water]
- wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consumption.
- Add probiotic
food [curd, sourdough bread] which will help maintain proper digestive function]
- take plenty of water, liquids,orolyte, black tea, overripe bananas, coconut water. As loose motions decrease take soft diet
, soft rice, bread, toast, cornflakes, dry fruits, salads.
- Avoid aerated drinks, milk, chilies, deep fried foods.
3. If still there is no relief, consult a Gastroenterologist
for necessary examination and investigation