How can diabetes be controlled with Insulin when accustomed to travelling a lot and eating outside food?

Hi I am a 50 year old diabetic for 17 years under medication. My HBa1C was 6.3 for many years but after a prescription & job change, it is totally out @8+. I am planning to start Insulin but not sure since I travel & eat out a lot and also storage of insulin in Indian climatic conditions, especially while travelling.
Fri, 21 Sep 2018
Endocrinologist 's  Response

YOur actual HbA1C result is high and with this last result, it is recommended to start insulin therapy. In your circumstances, I understand that it is difficult for you to manage your Diabetes with insulin therapy but in my opinion, it is not impossible. Don t worry the climate of the regions where you travel is not a problem for your new treatment. You can store your insulin in an insulated bag or cooled thermos everywhere you go. My advice is to consult a local endocrinologist and discuss with him the most appropriate insulin regimen in your circumstances. Maybe a regimen with one basal long-lasting insulin or two injections of mixed insulin, one in the morning and one in the evening when you are at home is more feasible for you, in your circumstances. This is a decision that must be taken from your treating doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Endocrinologist Dr. Elona Xhardo's  Response