Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can dementia be treated while suffering from phenylketonuria?

I need doctor to help me with my PKU adult child. Have been with Emory Univ. of Medicine for quite a number of years and they are totally no help with my child developing memory problems. They (the Human Genetics dept) suggested a neurologist, went, had MRI, EEG, full Blood workup, they say OK, but Emory saidpossible dementia problems, having trouble conversing with day to day ativity, and not being able to answer simple questions, SO where can I get help without having to be involved with Emory?
Wed, 8 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all we need to rule out the reason of memory loss. Whether it is result of inattention or global developmental milestones delay. There are few medication based on the cause like donepezil or psychostimulants Methylphenidate. I would advise you to visit a Neuropsychiatrist for proper assessment and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello my name is lisa evans do you give prescription on line I was born with pku if you know anything about pku it is a very rare I am on my diet I...