How can cough and throat irritation be treated?

I am constantly clearing my throat and cough a lot, especially when I lay down at night. I don’t feel sick but it is really annoying. I lived in Tennessee and thought it might be allergies but now live in Arizona and it isn’t any better. I am trying Flonase and Zyrtec but it doesn’t seem to help.
Wed, 22 Nov 2017
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query cough and throat irritation is because of infection travel down the respiratory track and affected whole area an leads to granular pharyngitis and can cause irritation and cough. I would suggest you to again consult your ENT specialist for proper examination . Doctor may perform laryngoscopy or biopsy to confirm diagnosis . He/she may prescribe further antibiotic course and stronger antibiotics. You should put xylomist nasal drops to prevent congestion. You should take hot soup along with lemon honey green tea. Take diet rich in vitamin C. Take combination of Sinarest along with Levocetrizine. Take decongestant nasal sprays containing mucinex for instant relief.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari