How can cough and runny nose be treated?

I have a long term depression and anxiety. I cough continuously and there are hair strands in my phlegm most of the times. I also have runny nose. Please what simple(not costly at all) steps can I take or simple medication? My Email: YYYY@YYYY . Thank you sir.
Thu, 19 Jul 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Do you feel any heart burn or reflex from the stomach at night? Do you have any sort of dust/smoke/perfume erc allergy? Do you try to clear your throat frequently? Is there any headache associated with runny nose? You can use syrup containing Diphenhydramine, Methanol, Ammonium chloride, Aminophylline and tablet Cetirizine at night.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.