Owl Image

How can constant vertigo and dizziness after a head injury be treated ?

My father met with an accident 21 December 2010. He was unconscious and kept in ICU for five days . he had visible head injuries , mandibular fracture,and ramus fracture. For ramus (hip) fracture he aws treated conservatively and has started walking , for mandibular fracture two titanium plates were implanted in his jaw. During treatment he used to have hallicination and was also having short term memory loss . After two months of treament he started complaining of dizziness and vertigo . He was cecked by ENT specialis and thereafter by nearologist who advised MRI. Chronic haematoma frontal lobes with thickness of 11mm right and14 mm left was detected on 31 march, he was kept in hospital for tentative surgery of subdural haematoma but in followup head CT scan on 10 April there was a minor improvement, so the doctor has adviced for conservative treatment. But he is increasingly complaining for vertigo and dizziness, however is conscious and alert,can walk by himself but is full of anxiety regarding constant vertigo. He is being given Vertin 24 BD, Strutgen TDS,and prothedian75 HS. But he says these are not effective and he is having constant dizziness after being discharged from hospital. My father met with an accident 21 December 2010. He was unconscious and kept in ICU for five days . he had visible head injuries , mandibular fracture,and ramus fracture. For ramus (hip) fracture he aws treated conservatively and has started walking , for mandibular fracture two titanium plates were implanted in his jaw. During treatment he used to have hallicination and was also having short term memory loss. After two months of treament he started complaining of dizziness and vertigo. He was cecked by ENT specialis and thereafter by nearologist who advised MRI. Chronic haematoma frontal lobes with thickness of 11mm right and14 mm left was detected on 31 march, he was kept in hospital for tentative surgery of subdural haematoma but in followup head CT scan on 10 April there was a minor improvement, so the doctor has adviced for conservative treatment. But he is increasingly complaining for vertigo and dizziness, however is conscious and alert,can walk by himself but is full of anxiety regarding constant vertigo. He is being given Vertin-24 BD, Strutgen TDS,and prothedian75 HS. But he says these are not effective and he is having constant dizziness after being discharged from hospital.
Thu, 19 Jan 2012