How can coccyx pain be treated?

I am looking for real help with my coccyx pain. I did not have any trauma to the area, but the pain seemed to come after having sat for an extended period of time during a hunting season in 2016. I have had two injections in the past two years. I do not plan to have another. Can stretching , ice, OTC anti inflammatory Meds be an answer?
Wed, 21 Feb 2018

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

1)Do a clinical examination by your treating Doctor[Ortho] and to confirm do MRI scan and a local anesthetic test.

2)Use a cushion while sitting and consult with your physiotherapist for specific exercise plan. Discuss with your Doctor about corticosteroids injections for pain.If you can not get result from conservative treatments then discuss surgical treatment.

Do follow few preventive steps like this -

1)Try to maintain proper body positioning is significant for producing less stress in the coccyx region. Bad posture can influence coccyx pain.

2)Try to reduce your body weight if obese to reduce pressure on coccyx.

3)Try to avoid sports like basketball, football, and hockey.

4)Do regular exercises like [kneeling groin stretch,piriformis stretch, and hands to feet stretch] after sitting for a long time.

Hope that helps