How can chronic pancreatitis and diarrhea be managed?

About 15 years ago I began suffering from daily pains that would last 1-2 minutes and occasionally others that were more intense lasting 45 minutes eventually and requiring trip to ER, and at times causing vaso vagal reactions including drop in pulse and BP. Eventually diagnosed as chronic pancreatitis, but no real improvement. Also suffer from chronic diarheaa after eating. Also when suffering the pains I have found that rubbing the abdominal area does help relieve the pain. Liver enzymes have been in normal range, gall bladder was removed 10 years ago and I am severe alchoholic (recovering since 1991)
Wed, 28 Nov 2018
Oncologist 's  Response

Treatment for chronic pancreatitis focuses on reducing your pain and improving your digestive function. The damage to your pancreas can't be undone, but with the proper care, you should be able to manage many of your symptoms. Treatment for pancreatitis can include medication, endoscopic therapies, or surgery.

Antibiotics, for infections that are causing diarrhea. Codeine-containing medications, which can reduce watery and loose stools. Over-the-counter medications to slow down the passage of stool through the digestive tract, including bismuth.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Monish De,
Oncologist