Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can chronic pain in the body be treated?

I have non-cancer chronic pain and have tried all medication that might hep with pain. I have called myself the poster child that looked like I had walked out of the aushwitz concentration camp because I could not get a opoiod drug for my pain. I am 5 m tall and at that time I weighed 70 pounds. When I am in bad pain I cannot keep my food down. I would vomit it up. Thank the Lord that a doctor put me on the lowest dose of the fentyl patch. I was on it for 12 years without going up in dose. I gained 35 pounds and was able to work another 10 Years. Now dr.Price is trying to ban opioids for non-cancer pain. I am afraid that they will threaten doctors who prescribe opioids. Several researchers have discovered that women need a higher dose of a opioid than. Men. Now there is a limit of how much a doctor an give a patient per day. I will go to congress if I need to. They are lowering the production of opioid now because of people dying from overdosing and there are people abusing the medications. So many pain victims have killed themselves because they cannot get opioids or their doses were lowered. I have asked President Trump to stop Dr. Price and the CDC to stop threatening doctors who are prescribing opioids to people who need them. Also, the statistics of how many people who are dying because of illicit drugs or prescription drugs. The statistics that the CDC has produced from 1999 to 2013 of people dying from opioids has been done in a manner that is not accurate. They have lied and have deceived people into thinking we have a epidemic. Also, there are 320 million people in this country and 30,000 dying from overdoses is not a epidemic when you are comparing to people who had died. I will be writing an article or go to the media with the lies that CDC has produced. Doctors need to write President Trump. This has to stop. I will die if my pain medication is taken away. Thank you
Sat, 6 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Consult a physician and get evaluated.

We have to rule out conditions like fibromyalgia as it can present with similar symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am someone in a tremendous amount of pain and have been on pain meds for years, now it is nearly impossible to find a doctor to prescribe them, I...