Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
157 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can chronic pain be treated?

I m investigating the possibility of a elderly friend 98yrs old that is in chronic pain. I want to know if there is a MS patch that can be prescribed for her and that if this would be effective in making her more comfortable. She has pain 24/7. I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT PEOPLE. I DIDN T REALIZE YOU WERE IN IT FOR PROFIT. NO THANKS o
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I'm sorry to hear about your elderly friend who is in pain. No one should have to suffer like that. When you say MS patch are you referring to an MS-Contin patch? If so, they do not make such a patch now. There is a patch that contains fentanyl which is a very strong synthetic opiate pain reliever. The patch is frequently used for elderly people in chronic pain from cancer and other illnesses. I would recommend taking your friend to the closest doctor you can find and describing your situation. The vast majority of doctors do care about people and would be willing to help your friend.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i have been in chronic pain for 38 years. REALLY healthy,nationally ranked athlete injured initially in sports. Had cervical and lumbar fusions....