How can chronic cough and earache be treated?

HI- Ive had a cough for 5 days, nasal discharge for two or three and my ear has been hurting for 2 days- responsive to advil. This morning I had a fever...it was 99.3 after advil and cold meds. I am usually 98.2. Should I wait it out or go to my doctor? Thanks!!!
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
I had seen your medical presentation and understood your anxiety. First of all let me clear one thing that chronic means more than 3 months and presentation of symptoms on and off. As per your description your symptoms might not be chronic.

Coming to your complaints you had cough, nasal discharge, ear pain and fever from morning. Considering these aspects, the most probable cause might be bacterial infection.

To exclude possibility of other conditions you can go for otoscopic examination and chest x-ray.
Coming to treatment,
1. oral antibiotics and antibiotic ear drops can be started
2. cough syrup
3. non steroidal anti inflammatory drug

No need to worry and hope you would recover soon from your symptoms.