How can chest congestion be treated?

i am having nasal congestion, and chest congestion. Not running fever, having facial pain and sinus headache. coughing up phglem and sometimes have tightness in chest but because of the phlegm , I wheeze sometimes as well . I can feel the mucus draining down the back of my throat and it makes me feel sick at my stomach. right now i am taking mucinex dm just started it on monday. MY cough and such has lasted two weeks and i took zyrtech D and it did not work
Thu, 19 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Chest pain and congestion may be due to lower respiratory tract infection it may be due to viral or bacterial in origin. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Use syrp Ascoril 2 teaspoon thrice a day for five days. Use tablet Amoxiclav 625 twice a day for five days. Avoid allergen, use mask while going out, if symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.