Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
164 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can chemical burn on the arm be treated?

Hi I was in a car wreck when I was nine and I am fourth one now and I burnt my self on the arm but my question is that I have chemical burns on my arm how can I get it to heal and stop hurting this happened two months ago and still has not healed what do I do?
Wed, 24 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

As a first line management, you can apply low potency steroid creams like for symptomatic relief. You can consult a dermatologist for expert evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am a chemical burn patient. Burned with antifreeze on my arm. Now I am having issues with my lymph nodes. Just wondering what I should expect....