Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How can calculi in kidney be treated ?

hi doctor i was a patient of calculi in kidney size 5 mm in middle pole and 6mm in lower pole what can i do for that problem please help me?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Keep waiting if pain is not severe and frequent.Review every 6 months by ultrasound.Take plenty of fluid.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Since the size of the stones are small, less than 10mm in diameter, they can be easily broken into smaller fragments by ESWL(electroshochwavelitotripsy ) method... the fragments will be expelled in the urine... Drink excess of water... . other options of treatment are Ureteroscopic removal, if the stones are present at lower par of ureter and bladder.. for more details you can consult urologist ,.Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor