How can bronchitis be treated?

...Hi doc, I have coughing problems for more than one month. I consulted a doctor too and took medicine as per prescription but the doctoer never suggested me to have an x ray. And I had a x ray on my own will and found impression as BVM prominent - Bronchitis . What should I do now please suggest.
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Bronchitis is inflammation of airways. It causes bronchospasm and this in turn causes breathing difficulty. Best treatment of bronchitis is inhaled treatment. This is guided on the basis of severity of disease. And to know severity, you need PFT (Pulmonary Function Test). So in my opinion, you should first get done PFT. PFT will tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only. You will mostly improve with inhaled bronchodilators (Formoterol or Salmeterol) and inhaled Corticosteroid (ICS) (Budesonide or Fluticasone).

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
General Surgeon Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel's  Response

My recommendations are:
- Primary relief with deep breathing exercises, YOGA.
- Inhalation of vapors of boiled water added Tincture Benzoin.
- Avoid passive or active smoking.
- Get prescription of antibiotic (such as Penicillin or else), cough formulas after discussion with your doctor.
- Be in regular follow up with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel