Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can atrial fibrillation be treated?

I am taking Tikosyn (250 mcg) at present.I have been taking this med since 12/14. Lately I have had occasional small bouts of afib and am wondering if an increase in dosage is indicted. Naturally, if this continues, I will make an appt. with my cardiologist...just curious about the possibility of a change in dosage.
Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You have to take a serial ECG and if the fibrillations are persisting, dose may be increased. In case of worsening or non-responding to the current drug you may require additional drug.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 25 years old and I have atrial fibrillation. My doctor told me that as of now its very mild and I do not need to take any medication unless i...