Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can arthritis pain in the toes be treated?

I have pain in my Lt foot near great toe and 2nd toe. I have broken this toe and the next toe when walking on gravel road, but it healed. An xray showed arthritis. The pain seems to be increasing. I am considering different shoes that do not have as much pressure on the front of my foot.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This is best done by local steroid injection.

I hope this information has been helpful for you.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am a 71 year old woman who WAS in excellent health and comfortable shape up until 3 weeks ago. Now I am having severe backaches (diagnosed spondalitis) arthritis in BOTH knees, a spreading toe which is causing intense foot pain, and both ankles ache along with leg cramps. I am a mess! Walking from my bed to bathroom in A.M. is suddenly almost unbearable. Getting chiro treatments and PEMF unit (puls) treatments that help for brief periods. Would laser surgery help my lower back? They will not take Medicare, but I have plus blue also. Does anybody take this insurance? Can spondylitis be helped with any surgery?

doctor1 MD

hi my name is sharon and i have arthritis in my left knee,in the last couple of days i have been getting really bad pains and i cant move my knee proparly,i am worrie as to what to do as i work and my job involves a lot of walking please can you advise me what to do,i am in a great deal of pain,thank you

doctor1 MD

Hi my age is 30 wieght is 100kg...height is Esr is 70 .and I hv rehmotide arthritist ... My feet hv swell n deshaping n I m very much upset... Hv pain in legs toe ... How I reduce weight...n wts treatment of high Esr...wt should diet take?n my b.p high... Plz guide me regarding my diet....wts diet harmful for me n wts effective???