How can aortic aneurysm in the stomach be treated?

My husband was screened and found a small aortic aneurysm in his stomach. His cousin and uncle passed away from this, but never was screened. His doc said see you in month, he has not seen for 6 months. What should he do? He s on meds for high blood pressure,cholesterol and triglyceride. Thank you
Thu, 20 Oct 2016
Diabetologist 's  Response
The definitive treatment for abdominal aortic aneurysm is surgery. As it is not a ruptured aneurysm, the surgery can be planned and done as an elective surgery. It can be either an open or endovascular surgery depending upon the size and condition of the aneurysm.
I would suggest to consult your surgeon as soon as possible. Also in the meantime be regular with anti hypertensive medications and keep the blood pressure in normal range as higher pressures increases the risk of aneurysm rupture.
Hope this helps. Thanks.