Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can an enlarged prostate be cured?

My father is suffering from Grade 1 prostatomegaly with significant pvzu shows via USG which we done today 04 / 05/2018 at SKIMS SOURA SRINAGAR KASHMIR. The total report is....KID - NORMAL SIZE /EP/CMD. .............NO -----HDN/CALCULUS................. ..........UB.......prevoid-500cc....PVRU -80CC.............PROSTATE -26grm.ON HUMANITARIAN GROUNDS KINDLY SUGGEST ME BEST SOLUTION. WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE SUGGEST ME BEST SUGGESTION.
Mon, 10 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The prostate is not that much enlarged and as a first line of management you can take drugs like Tamsulosin for symptomatic relief.
If the symptoms persist even after taking medicines you can consult a urologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am 56 years old. I am facing problem of prostrate enlargement(35.5CC) doctor prescribed for Veltamplus 1 per day .Now I am continuing with the same medicine since last 1 month. how long I should continue ? with this medicine my problem will cure totally? Kindly advice

doctor1 MD

Hi, I ma 54 year old man, I am suffering of enlarged prostate, I have sugar in high levels , 120-160 or so. First dose Vodka gets to lower dow the sugar levels? My blood exam are okay but the HDL=28 MG/DL triglycerides 175 mgs. Glycemia 140 mgs%, and the PSA 5,24 NG/ML

doctor1 MD

My father is suffering from enlarged prostate and doctor suggested Tamdura and Afdura. Now my father is on CRT and doctor said to continue with it for 2 weeks. If it does not get cured, it should be operated. When should it be operated ? Cant it be cured with tablets? Plz helpl me