Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How can an earache in an infant be treated ?

Infant with ear ache My son seems to have a ear ache . His got no fever and throat seems fine anything to do or look out for.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM:
You have not mentioned your son's age. The causes of earache in children are usually related to upper sinunasal tract infections which will lead to congestion of the middle ear cavity. Make sure, there is no foreign body/ insect by getting an ear examination. Sometimes however, earache may precede development of sore throat by a day or two. So, you can take precautionary conservative measures like sips of warm water whenever the child is thirsty. If the pain is still not relieved, you should get an otoscopic examination by otolaryngologist
Answered: Tue, 7 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
an infant with earache - the causes could be varied from an insect bite to infection, please review with an ENT surgeon
Answered: Wed, 8 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor