How can an ear blockage be treated?

my right ear is blocked, have had a chest infection etc. and been on medication. Stopped pills a week ago. In the night it weeps and fluid comes out and ear crackles. I wear hearing aids but cannot now with this problem. Have cleaned ears with mild peroxide and warm water, no help.
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Ear infection or ASOM may cause above symptoms. Avoid entry of water into ears , avoid cool drinks and freeze water, avoid smoking and alcohol. Use antibiotics with decongestant medication. If symptoms not improved please consult your ENT specialist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.