Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
120 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can an aortic aneurysm be treated?

I just was told by my doctor to see thorastic surgeon for my aeortic annyurism. My email is r.h. I will go to imperial point hospital to secure the two chest exrays What else you need from me .? I jut retired two years ago and topped smoking one yer ago, my name I Rosanne and I just turned 66 thi psr Christmas Day.
Mon, 19 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

Please check size of aneurysm and treatment depends upon size only.If size is greater than 5.6CM then you need quick surgery.

Do follow few preventive steps like this -

1)Try to quit smoking or chewing tobacco.

2)Try to keep your blood pressure under control if you have.

3)Get regular exercise.

4)Try to reduce cholesterol and fat in your diet.

Hope that helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have recently been diagnosed with an aortic aneurism. It s 3.5 centimeters. I am a 53 year old female. I was wondering how big it has to get...