How can alopecia areata of the beard be treated?

Hi, I m Suffering from Alopecia Areta in my beard area , Wysolone 10 , manoxidol topical, corticosteroids injectionon patch areas but nothing worked out , consulted more than 3 doctors for past 2.5 years . But now finally consulted to a senior professor and he suggested to start off with Salesian ds ointment for twice a week and to intake Sazo 500 everyday and , melanocyl pill twice in a week followed by Uv light treatment? Will it bring results and if yes should I add anything more to it. I am Really fed up consulting doctors for more than two and half years but i couldn’t attain any result . Kin suggest me ?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history of alopecia aerata of beard, my treatment advice is -

1. Take good nutritious diet full of green leafy vegetables and milk.
2. Apply a tacrolimus 0.03 %ointment twice daily on affected part.
3. Take a zinc supplement once daily for 3 months.
4. Other treatment options are oral steroid, levamisole taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.