hi sir/madam, Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic. Poison ivy is generally found east of the Rocky Mountains, growing as vines or shrubs. The leaves can have either smooth or notched edges and are often clustered in groups of three. Most of the time, poison oak rash can be treated at home. If you think you’ve been exposed, you should remove your clothing. Wash your clothes and anything else that may have come into contact with the poison. The oils from the plant can remain on fabric and other materials and can give you another rash. Also wash your body well with plenty of lukewarm water and soap. Pay special attention to your hands, fingernails, and whatever skin may have touched the plant. The rash can be very itchy and the temptation to scratch is strong, but scratching can cause an infection. Touching the blisters can also result in infection. Take lukewarm baths or cool showers to ease itching. Over-the-counter remedies like calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream may temporarily take care of the itch. You can also try applying cool compresses to the itchy patches. Antihistamine pills can also help with the itching. But be careful — antihistamine on your skin can make matters worse. See your doctor or dermatologist if symptoms don’t improve within 10 days. A poison oak rash can be diagnosed by its appearance. Hope this info was helpful. stay healthy,stay safe.