How can abdominal pain along with vomiting and diarrhea be treated?

My husband is 68. He has a herniated disc, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. They gave him Percocet for the pain of the herniated disc. For the last 4 days he has had stomach and abdominal pain, painful to the touch as well, vomiting, diarrhea. has slept of the time. He is also weak. I am giving him clear liquids and PowerAde, he stopped the Percocet 3 days ago but is still having all the symptoms. What can it be and what do I do?
Mon, 2 Apr 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting and tenderness (pain on touching) etcetera are more suggestive of acute gastroenteritis (AGE). So better to take him to the hospital and start intravenous fluid, ORS (oral rehydration solution), probiotics and gut-specific antibiotics to control diarrhea. He will also need an ultrasound abdomen and stool microscopic examination to find out the type of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar