How can a urinary tract infection be treated?

I've been on medication for a UTI, but it doesn't seem to be clearing it up. It's persisting on and off for months. The doctor said my lab results just showed a trace of infection, and didn't really want to prescribe another round of the meds...but they did, and though it helped for a couple of days, the burning and urgency is back. Still have 3 days of pills to go. Just concerned that there could be something more serious.
Mon, 8 Jan 2018
Hi
Thanks for trusting healthcaremagic for your health problems.

Can you mention which drug has been given till now for your UTI?
Without knowing it, I can not suggest further medication.
Till then my advice is to drink plenty of water in a day. This is the only advice I can give you based on your description.

Dr. Hiren