Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How can a tanned skin be treated ?

i ve a tanned hands , i do dry body brush but helping little. n at d same time wanna know can v do dry face brush.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..dear ,

Thanks for choosing HCM.,

Tanned hands and dry body are due to...,

Long exposure of sun for long periods...,

Hence U need...,

1) Morning SUNSCREEN LOTION..SPF 50...,

15 mts before going out ....

2) Night times apply Moisturising cream...


3) Avoid sun exposure...,

4) Take plenty of oral fluids, vegetables and fresh fruits...,

5) Cap.. Lycopene, vit A and Vit E...daily for 15 days..,

ok...good luck

Answered: Tue, 6 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Udhay Sidhu's  Response
Hello Mr.XXXXX,

First of all you should used a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF of 30. Apply it 15 min on the body areas exposed to Sun and reapply after 3 hours if you are again going out in the Sun.

You can use a mixture of raw milk with small quantity of fresh cream and rub on your hands for 2-3 min. As milk contains Lactic acid it is a natural exfoliant.

You can meet you dermatologist to help you make a decision if you need to be on chemical peels and lightening creams.
Answered: Mon, 5 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor