How can a sprained ankle be treated?

Hello, I sprained my ankle on Christmas Eve. Left ankle that I have sprained multiple times in the past few years with the original sprain happening in 2011. This most recent sprain I did like I ve always done... ice elevation and rest. The swelling is almost completely gone now BUT I have a small hard lump that has appeared on the side of my foot after this most recent sprain. I am trying to do some research to find out what it could be, and if I should be concerned?
Wed, 11 Apr 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response

Yes, you should be concerned. Since, it is a lump and what if it is some tumor growing from your bone.

It is better to go an orthopedic to get it examined. If they could take any biopsy from it and find out what it is, then they can treat you accordingly.

It is not an emergency, still you should try to find out what is it with relevant investigations mentioned above.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Archana