• question-icon

How can a smelly ear discharge with wax be treated?

i have smelly discharge coming from my left ear it has been blocked up and i have had it syringed twice in 1 week but there was still a bit of wax left in there right on my eardrum and the doc said he couldnt get it out its been about a week since i klast had it syringed but now the discharge smells and is a dark brown colour
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

The smelly discharge can be related to an ear infection. I suggest using antibiotic ear drops for local application. If you have symptoms such as pain or fever oral antibiotics may also be needed to treat the infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician