Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
128 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a skin cut on the penis be treated?

I am 24 and recently during sex Ive been getting a cut/tear between the shaft and head of my penis and I let it heal but each time it has happened again and each time has got worse and now its becoming very painful and I m not sure what to do or why this is happening
Thu, 22 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there. I have read through your question and understand your concern. A mild cut or tear on the shaft of the penis usually heals by itself. But since it is a sensitive area and more prone friction, it may sometimes get infected and delay the healing process. Since in your case it is not healing and become very painful I would advise you to get yourself checked by a surgeon. He may prescribe you an antibiotic course and cream for local application. Meanwhile you should try to keep the area clean, avoid any friction and wear lose cotton under garments. I hope that answers your question.If you have any further questions please feel free to write. Thankyou for choosing healthcare magic.
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi. im a 20 year old male the thing is from past two days the skin near my penis on the left side underneath the hairline there seems to be a cut...