Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a prolapsed uterus be treated?

My only symptom is urge incontinence which brought me to a urogynecologist. He diagnosed me with prolapsed vagina, prolapsed uterus, rectocoele. Said surgery could fix it all. I did have a cystography and urodynamic test. I m trying a pessary. Another urogynecologist said I have OAB and said surgery wouldn t fix that. Suggests I try medication. Is surgery necessary if I have no other symptoms. I m 76.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If it is severe prolapse associated with urine retention may need surgery.If it is mild prolapse with we maintained with intra-vaginal pessary may continue above treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My grlfriend is infected with UTERUS TB. she have been taking medicine for this from last month and yesterday she visited her doctor and she found...