How can a painful pimple under the nostril be treated?

Sore/pimple under nostril against septum but barely inside nose. Pick nose often, usually bloody glob or darker red crust. Rarely painful to touch. Cocaine is regularly used and I try to keep my nose clean, moisturized and clear out the gunk from cocaine. Probably did more harm by irritation and disrupting the healing process by picking nose. Any home remedies, OTC ointments, natural paste, etc to remove this and reduce its size ? Thank you
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

From your explanation the sore or pimple can be due to hair follicle infection or due to continue irritation caused due to snorting cocaine.
However bloody glob can be due to irritation inside the nose causing inflammation and damage to small blood vessels leading to bloody nose.
So for the sore you can apply antiseptic ointment like Muricoprin and do cool compresses over it.
For the bloody nose you should avoid snorting cocaine and also can consult a de-addiction center for helping you to stop cocaine intake..

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Honey Arora