How can a painful heel spur be treated?

I have had a painful L heel spur for over 3 months; can t get into see my podiatrist till first week in June. Trying different shoes and supports and even orthotics isn t helping! So unable to do my fast walks as before! I am also dealing with bulging discs in lower back so the two really don t go together but create more pain. What do you suggest?
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Heel spur can cause intense pain. Since you have tried almost all non surgical measures, it is better to go for surgery now. Nothing to worry as it is a simple procedure and complications are very minimal. You can consult an orthopedic and he will explain the procedure in detail.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.