Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a painful ear injury be treated?

I got slapped a couple of days ago and my ear has been ringing since then,I went to a pharmacist and I was given hydrogen peroxide to drop in it and allow it drip out,then to block the ear with cotton bud. When I did that,it felt hot and it was as if my ear was boiling. Now i feel pains and when a torch was placed over it,i was told that theres sought of a severe wound in it. Pls what do i do next? Because my ear hurts and the ringing hasn t stopped.
Fri, 30 Sep 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I am sorry for the situation you are going through.

The slapping you experienced could have been so hard to cause a trauma to your ear.
Immediate check up by ENT specialist is advised to rule out hemorrhage or inner ear damage.

Avoid using any meds on your ear until you see ENT specialist.

Take ibuprofen orally. If slapping was within the last 48 hours apply cold compresses on the outside part/tragus of ear.

Hope this helps.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 27 year old female. I was hit in my ear yesterday and experinced immediate hearing loss, but not all the way. Discovered later last...