Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a muscle pull behind the right leg be treated?

So for the past three months the back of my right leg feels like I pulled a hamstring. But I didn’t. It seems that the pain is moving from my upper back right thigh to in back of my knee. I feel pain when I first get up but when I sit for a long period of time my butt ox and right leg starts to ache. It just seems to continue. The pain is probably about three on a scale of 10. It’s only on my back of my right leg.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.
The pain from back of hip to knee joint ...
causing pain in hamstrings.. can be by irritation of their nerve suply due to compression of sciatic nerve at lumber spine/sciatic notch.
You may need CT scan to locate exact level of problem... to be followed by specific treatment. (Medicines,physiotherapy or surgery in few disc problems)
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Two weeks ago, as I was getting off an exercise machine at my health club, the calf of my leg, Gastrocnemius was hit by the moving wheel of the...