How can a fungal skin infection be treated?

skin fungi - on my feet. I ve been to the clinic, twice in the last year when it first showed up. Was prescribed first a topical solution, then a pill. Only worked for a short time. I kept treating with every type fungal cream I could find, apple cider vinegar, distilled white vinegar, Aloe Vera plant, Vagisil (believe that! - and it worked temporarily, much like ALL the other creams out there), other homeopathic remedies, etc. The opportunity to clear up appeared to be under control until this past week, almost 1 year to date, when it flared up worse than last year. Cannot find online pictures of what I have to give a better description - currently it is weeping more than usual, and quite itchy and more swollen, especially around my ankles - but I don t scratch, rather deal with it. Caladryl, Camphor phonique, methialade, Vicks, charcoal mask. I even went so far as to try bleach, and Lysol spray! Everything I tried only gave a temporary relief - sometimes days, sometimes weeks, but the opportunity for improvement never became a permanent solution. I do take drugs of any kind, out side of Alleve and Zyrtec. I take vitamin supplements on a daily basis from a reputable company that has been around for more than 50 years. I m old school, and believe in homeopathic remedies before chemical drugs. This is not something I have ever come across, so, if any of the 171 doctors online at this moment have a solution that does not involve Big Pharma, please respond. Thanks.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history you are having tinea pedis.
My treatment advice is -
1. Avoid using soap or Dettol on that part.
2. Apply an antifungal cream like terbinafine cream twice daily on affected skin.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like levocetrizine twice daily for itching.
4. Other treatment options are oral fluconazole, itraconazole and terbinafine taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Thanks.
Dr. Harshit bhachech.
MBBS, DDVL.