• question-icon

How can a cyst on the back of the neck be removed?

I have a rolling ball like cyst on the back of my neck my doc said it was a fatty deposit but obvious because I have short hair it bothers me when I do exercises with neck rolls and hurts when rolling my neck like its on a nerve I want to get it removed kinda scared
Fri, 21 Oct 2016
Hello and welcome to Healthcamagic.
This is called ateroma and this is actually sebaceous gland which is clogged. It can be easily treated under local anesthesia and can be performed by any surgeon. This is simple procedure and you should do it since cyst may in future just grow.
I hope I have answered your query. I wish you a nice day.