Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How can a condom be used as I have swelling and pain in my penis and joint of my foreskin ?

hi i am 25 year guy.please tell me how to use condom during sex time.I am experiencing some penis swelling problem.I think it may be because i don t know how to use condom at sex time.please tell me that at the time of wearing condom i have to push my foreskin back and then to use condom?please suggest me i am in pain.this one is the second time i am having same problem.there is sweeling and pain at the joint of my foreskin and the inner part of penis.My foreskin takes three four days to come to the actual position.but i don t know why there is sweeling?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
i dont know why some are giving advise to pull back skin to the person who has history of frenulum tear or trauma

i am still telling u there is no need to pull it back
it is simple logic ,when u r using condom it is of no value to pull skin back
during sex it automatically move up and down,
allow it to move freely ,why from starting point u pull back it?
it will only increase ur problem only dear
do use lubricant jelly
i have give advise to many patient having complain like u ,all are well
so before going to any doctor try my way
i am sure it will work.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
ur using condom wrongly that is reason why u have problem
u need to learn to wear it properly
u should wear it in normal condition
need not to pull foreskin back,it is very painful and traumatic
apply antibiotic cream over joint
wear condom like wearing gloves on hand
keep it intact during sex
remain of condom should be at base of condom

Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,

U can wear condom after pulling foreskin back, other instructions will be given on the condom pack, read carefully and use it.
The swelling and pain may be due to foreskin is getting locked behind the glans penis, use some lubricant and pull ur foreskin back to actual position immediately after sex.
If problem still persists then consult urologist for the proper examination and treatment.

Hope I have answered ur question,
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response

You should pull the skin back when penis erect and then wear the condom and have intercourse. iy you have painful pull back of the foreskin then you may be suffering from tight frenulum and sholud see urologist for the same.
after intercourse; when the erection subsides it is very easy to pull back the skin and you sholud do it immediately. howver, if you wait for some time then you shall develop papraphimosis and it shall require reduction by specialist. Dont wait for 3-4 days for it to be reduced as it may lead to very serious complications. If things are still not clear to yourself, you sholud certainly see urologist and sort all your queries. it is in your best interest before things go beyond control
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor