Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a chemical burn on the penis be treated?

Yes. I have a chemical burn on the side of my penis and have recently aggravated it through sexual intercourse.I have tried neosporine but that only irritates the burn site. There are no cuts, lesions or blistering(that stopped a while ago). I ve been seen by 3 Drs who all have said that the healing just takes time. What can I do to expedite the healing ( abstinence ? You should see my beautiful wife!!!). I am going to have to have to abstain....but is there something over the counter I could use in that area that won t cause additional irritation?.......hurry! (My wife says!)
Fri, 12 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

In order to help to heal faster, you may need to do abstinence and protect it from other irritants.

Use cotton underwear, wash it well and keep it dry. You should take care and keep it clean from being infected. You can use Dermazin ointment for burning.

Also can use vaseline to help to heal. Also hyaluronic acid ointment can help regeneration.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Olgeta Xhufka, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I acquired chemical burn by using neosporin on my penis head. I wash it off daily with softsoap antibacterial hand soap on a daily basis. I then...