How can a chalazion on the eyelid be removed?

Hello, I have Chalazion under the eye lid for over 10 years. The last year or 2 it would start burning a lot. I wanna get them removed but the warm compression doesnt seem to work much or maybe i havent done it long enough. Do you know how much surgery can cost. I had a doctor confirm when i was young its chalazion
Tue, 13 Nov 2018
Dentist 's  Response

A chalazion is a blocked oil gland also known as Meibomian gland. It can occur in either of the eyelids.

It can occur either due to inflammation or viral infection of the Meibomian glands.

So the first thing that is helpful in draining the Chalazion is doing warm compresses over it. Do not try to squeeze it to drain it. You can gently massage over it. You can also be advised eye drops or eye gel or cream to apply over it.

If nothing helps then the surgical procedure can help in removing it completely.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora,
Dentist