How can a brain clot filled with fluid be treated?

What can be done for a six month old baby with a blood clot on the left side of his brain/ he was sent home with a wait and see... After being in the hospital for several days .was also suppose to be given a halmet ,but never got one.he sdue to go back this coming week to se ehis Ped to have his head measured .he was suppose to have surgry for fluid on the brain ,but discovered it was a clut.Now what is anyonmes guess I sit possible for it to just go away on it sown?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

If it is just a simple clot a neurosurgeon will decide whether to operate upon it or not based on the pressure symptoms it is causing. If it is not causing any pressure symptoms then we can wait for it to resolve by itself.

But if the MRI or CT scan brain is showing any fluid accumulation in the brain called hydrocephalus then it will require a surgery called VP shunt.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology