Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can Schizophrenia be treated ?

hello sir, I am ankit from ahmedabad, my elder sister has schizophrenia he always think nagetive, , we are doing treatment of her science 6 years but no mejor changes happen ,so what to do sir The doc.Give the madic is sizep 100,arzol,trix etc..
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. I would suggest you have your sister re evaluated for the diagnosis of schizophrenia. In addition, the treatment history needs to be reviewed paying attention to the drug compliance and patterns of response. A variety of antipsychotics are today available for treatment of psychotic disorders. Wish her speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist, Child Dr. Hemang M. Shah's  Response
Dear Ankit
if your sister only has problem of thinking negative, that doesn't mean that she has schizophrenia.
If she is not improving with the treatment there are two possibilities:
1. either the medication does is needed to increase
2. We may think for reevaluation for the diagnosis.
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor