Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

How can IBS be treated ?

hi i am 22 years old, i have digestive problems which include irritable bowel movments, constipation and indigestion . If i do not have proper motions for 2 days i have a head ache from 3rd day onwards. If is usually one side of my head and behind and including one eye of mine. If does not subside till i have a proper motion and take an anti- migraine . i usually take a vasograin. But what should i do to tackle the bowel movement problem which is the main reason of my migraine?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  388
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
thanks for writing to HCM.
For digestive problems, you need to adopt a preventive approach by avoiding constipation. you can do this by trying non medicated stuff like psyllium husk with milk or lime water everynight. or even twice a day initially. Other alternataive could be lactulose syrup, but it could be nauseating for some people. once your bowel habits are better, you can switch over to alternate day intake. if you are too much into eating outside food, increase your intake of home cooked food with more of whole grains, fruits and salads. With this approach, you will be able to tackle your problem slowly but in a long lasting solution.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 10 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor