Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

How can I treat swelling and pain in leg and ankle ?

Hello... I was pitching in softball practice, and got hit in the lower leg, very hard.. not the shin bone , but more the meaty part just outside of the bone. Hurt, turned hard, felt like a bruise , no problem walking or running ... No big deal. 6 days later, my lower leg, and ankle swell, and hurts more. See some bruising in ankle and leg now (8 days after hit) what worries me is the dull pain that started the 6 days later with the swelling. Swelling is less, but dull pain seems more now (8 days later) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.for your time, Dave
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have read your query.

You should get x-ray of affected leg with ankle in AP and Lateral view and then send report to me or discuss it with your doctor, only then your final diagnosis be made.

Till then apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening.

For pain you can take ibuprofen and serratiopeptidase by discussing it with your doctor.

I hope it helps.

You are welcome to ask further health related queries.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Let me know if you have any concerns.



Answered: Sun, 23 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor