Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How can I treat skin dryness ?

i m a boy if 19 years old suffering from dried skin .Have realised that it usually comes during the winter time.I got burnt all of my body this brought about the dry skin ..Can you please help me out ..
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dear Richard,
partial and full skin burn will definatly destroy the sweat and sebum producing glands. to our come from this problem, you have to nourish your skin with topical emollients and moisturizers. fews things you have to follow -
1. always apply emollients just after bath so the water will retain in your skin.
2. frequent application
3. Use sunscreens before outgoing (apply 1/2 an hr before)
4. Use full clothing
You will definatly our come from this
get well soon :)
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Vikram Jeet Singh Dhingra's  Response
dear Richard,
welcome to healthcare magic.
If you had suffered partial thickness burns that healed and are now causing you dryness you need to use an emmolient or coconut oil or may be paraffin locally over your skin as your skin's sweat glands might also have suffered injury. if your burns is recent some pressure garment may help.
Answered: Sat, 25 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor