Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How can I treat scars caused due to acne vulgaris be treated ?

Hello Doctor,I have completed four sittings of derma roller.I have acne vulgaris .my age is 24.I donot get regular eruptions though,but only one or two during the cycle.But one of my concern lies in asking you about the remedy for the scars.My skin is very sensitive and its combination type.My diet is regular and my weight is 55.Can u suggest some good treatment for the reduction of scars because my skin tone is very fair.Thank you very much.I really appreciate
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear manik..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Derma roller treatment for Acne Vulgaris is giving Good result..,
But now a days....All are shifted to LASER instead of Derma Roller..,
Bcoz it is time being, after treatment expose to sun for 1 week should be avoid..,
So slowly .,everybody interesting to do LASER therapy.,
FRASER...Fractional choice of treatment..,
Here ERBIUM GLASS LASER is used..,
give very good result...thanQ
Answered: Tue, 1 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Sudarshan's  Response
HI manik,

Dermaroller is an excellent method for treating superficial acne scars.

4-5 sitting of dermaroller are usually required.

If you have deeper scars then subcision is a good alternative.

You can also opt for CO2 or Nd Yag lasers for acne scars.

Meanwhile keep applying RetinoA cream for scars.

Dr Sud
Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor