Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

How can I treat my 2 month old who is having pus cells 60-70 hpf and RBCs 15-20 hpf ?

my baby is 2 months old and her pus ccells are 60-70 hpf and RBCs is 15-20 hpf please advice
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Louli,
Welcome to HCM
First of all I would like to inform you that it is a very important question specially in 2 month old baby.When routine urine examination shows very large number of pus cell along with high number of red blood cells then it is a cause of serious concern.
There are two primary possibility 1.Urinary tract infection and 2.Glomerulonephritis(type of kidney disease).Both of them needs prompt treatment as this age group it is not common.
So please go to nearest pediatric hospital or pediatric clinic as soon as possible.
Thanking you.
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

You mean your baby has RBC and pus cells in urine.

It shows she is having urinary tract infection and require antibiotic treatment.

Consult pediatrician and go for treatment.

Keep her local part clean and healthy.

Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 10 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor